Enjoy the openness of the forest and bending uneven single track without drying out your wallet. The 2014 Axis Sport Mountain Bike delivers the best economic value when it comes to mountain biking fun. It is crafted with a 27.5 inch aluminium wheels to offer fans a livelier substitute to the 29 inch wheelers, yet with the same bigger advantages. The 6061-T6 aluminium alloy frame is hand built to deliver a standard cross country responsive experience while the derailleur hanger is easily replaceable allowing you to focus on the fun. If the quality that appeals to you in a mountain bike is powerful and reliable braking, then you need to go for disc brakes. They offer more braking power than rim brakes in all situations and do so with better modulation.
The 2014 Axis Sport Mountain Bike comes equipped with the following features:
- Hand crafted 6061-T6 aluminium alloy frame for simplicity in a class of its own.
- The butted tubing balances are formed customized thereby offering superb weigh savings and adequate stiffness.
- Precise amount of suspension delivered by the SR Sun tour 100mm fork with Speed Lock
- SRAM 8-speed drivetrain offers gears for any terrain
- 27.5” wheels offering speedy handling
- Alloy Arm Crank set with SRAM S600
- Double walled Rims with Diamondback SL-7
- Front and rear rotors sporting a quality Tektro Hydraulic Disc Brakes
The 2014 Axis Sport Mountain Bicycle is a really nice looking bike made from good quality parts and. At the $500-600 price point this bike is really worth looking at.
They come shipped partly disassembled – the front wheel, pedals, seat and front disc brake callipers come separated from the frame; however it comes with the necessary tools and instructions on how to assemble it. Estimated assembly time is less than one hour. You have to tune the derailleurs but the brakes were good out of the box.
The bicycle’s massive 27.5″ wheels are remarkable, yet light weight when compared to other cheaper bicycles out there and the brakes which are hydraulically operated are a fine touch.
Brakes are awesome, lots of stopping power. Front shock also has a lock out for powerful street riding.
The Front fork tubes will really benefit from constant cleaning as they are slight traces fine tiny scratches in the travel area.
The Diamondback Bicycles 2014 Axis Sport Mountain Bike comes absolutely recommended at a little over $550.00. It will be difficult to find a superior bike at this price.