The Fox Flux Helmet for Men is built using an In-Mold technology that molds around the EPS foam, a very hard outer shell to create a comfortable fit and also adds structural integrity. The Flux looks ruggedly appealing and provides plenty of coverage and ventilation to keep your head safe. It is designed with a deep rear profile for added protection, large ventilation ports for tons of airflow and removable visor and rear spoiler.
The Fox Men’s Flux Helmet offers the following features:
- A rear profile of the EPS shell that extends very deep which offers more coverage than a traditional helmet
- 20 Large ventilation ports strategically placed for smooth airflow to cool the head.
- Has the following approval: CPSC 1203, EN 1078: 1997, AS/NZS 2063: 2008
- Removable visor and a rear spoiler
- Has a ratchet retention system at the rear detox with on-head with on-the-head tension adjustment system to ensure a secure fit.
- Adjustable chin straps allowing for a customized fit.
The Fox Flux Helmet for Men is very comfortable and gives a sleek look which is hard to find in any other helmet. It is easy to adjust for proper fit using the detox retention system – a ratcheting system on the back of the helmet – and the straps are pretty easy adjustable as well. Once adjusted it stays in place so there’s no worry about your helmet flying off.
The build quality is superb with a nice thick padding making it look and feels very durable and it has a more solid design than helmets in the 50 dollar range.
Looks shouldn’t be a big factor when buying a helmet, but in actual fact, they do. You don’t want to look like an 8 year old on a 3 wheeler when you go out biking. This helmet is one of the best looking you can get out there. The shape of the bill is lovely as well as the aerodynamic fins on the back.
It is adequately vented, lightweight with extra padding and offers total protection.
The Visor doesn’t stay firmly in place as I would like however it is not a really big issue on the bicycle, but carelessly tossing the helmet around or accidentally dropping it may often remove d visor. This can be fixed by firmly gluing its contact points (which are about 5 in number) with instant plastic glue.
The helmet provides a nice added protection to the back of the head because of its low profile design which is a real bonus for mountain riding.