Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance – the best-selling hand-out on mountain bike repair and maintenance, is a smartly structured and clearly illustrated manual which is available now in two colours for quick reference—can turn a novice into a bike mechanic.
Lennard Zinn’s professional advice makes fast work of mountain bike repair. Rookies and pro mechanics will take advantage of the hundreds of illustrations, the expanded views of how components fit together including Zinn’s practical, time-saving tips. Zinn’s advice and years of experience makes facing even the most intimidating of tasks fun and easy.
All the latest high-tech gear is discussed in and Zinn does not disregard older bikes. Definitely, no matter what type of mountain bike may be in your garage, there’s every chance of you finding it—and the technique to fix it.
Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance is a world’s bestselling book on care and repair of mountain bike care, it contains proper knowledge you need to know about mountain bicycles in a very detailed and structured format.
Irrespective of whether you are a passionate novice or an experienced pro, you will find extensive instructions for the most basic and complex repairs, supplemented by hundreds of diagrams, exploded pictures of how parts are put together.
• Easy and detailed instructions for regular maintenance
• Tips on choosing a bicycle, including sizing and fitting
• Extensive coverage of cross-country, hard tail, hybrid, downhill and full suspension full suspension old and new bikes
• Integrated-spindle cranks, suspension fork, internal headsets, clip-less pedals, hydraulic brakes, hub and cassette refurbishing, and many more.
• Problem-solving tips for frozen parts, chipped threads and missing pieces
• Professional tips on how to speed your work
ALL ABOUT WHEELS: – Tire sealant system, tubeless tires, flat tyre repairs, how to size tires, wheel building and general wheel repair and maintenance.
THE MOST COMPLETE REFERENCE AVAILABLE:
• Glossary of bicycle terminology, specifications for tightening of bolts, comprehensive troubleshooting index and a Gear chart for 26- and 29-inch wheels.
• More than 350 exploded views of critical assemblies and illustrations
You can’t help but fall in love with this amazing book that exposes all knowledge about bicycle maintenance in a clear and easy to understand manner.
The tables and diagrams detailed in this book are very helpful over the typical photo; it allows a more comprehensive of components and the illustrations are a refreshing take on a maintenance handbook.
The book is well arranged and repairs are categorized by the skill level that matches to a specific set of essential tools and experience. Tools needed for each project are listed as well.
Zinn’s style of writing makes bike maintenance not only interesting but fun as well. You will realize that sometimes, improvising and fiddling is necessary to make your bike run smoothly.
The basics – from buying the correct tools to basic and emergency repairs are also well discussed in this book. There’s even a section for wheel building, how to align frame, proper rider fit and a set of torque tables. All these procedures are laid in a simple approach that even a home mechanic can attempt.
This book is a great buy for anyone who really wants to know detailed information about bicycles.